Yesterday, in class, Derick talked about something related to an issue whether an issue is an issue to others. (I know it's confusing to read it, let me change it)
In class, Derick talked about an issue of 'Is an issue which is an issue to you is an issue to others?'. Actually he asked a rather mentally-retarded yet mind-boggling question.

"Do you think your pet has an issue? Your cat? Your dog? Your goldfish? Do they?"
"No...." As usual, the class answered in a monotone.
"Hmm...How do you know? Did your pet tell you that?" Derick tried not to sound challenging to us, a group of little innocent souls.
"NO......" As what have been expected, the class answered again in a monotone.
"Then, do you still think that your pets have no issues in their lives?" He looked quite satisfied as we answered his question according to the way he had expected we would.
"...pss...pss..pss..sss" I heard numerous whispering or should it called numerous complaints about stupidity of the question.

From this conversation, it reminded me of one of my principle in life.


"SIMPLIFY MY LIFE"


However, I managed to have this mindset only when I reached primary six. I think the influence mainly originated from my mother. She is a typical Chinese housewife. However, I can feel that she has a high inspiration in her life. It is poverty that had stripped off her dreams. Perhaps only those who have tasted the bitterness in a complicated life will truely understand the sweetness of a simple, decent life.


When I was small, I still remember how she would advised me and my twin brother when we had a fight. Instead of using the violent way like what my father is fond of doing, she will tell us how valuable is a relationship. She would always say that "做人不要太计较,凡事留一线,日后好相见". It is an advice to become a not-so-self-centered person. No matter what we are doing, what we are facing, we should treat everyone equally.(it's hard to do so, and I know I can't) Even, if someone has done something extremely harmful to your life, there is no need for you to take revenge or do something bad to go against him or her. It would be better for both of you to tolerate with each others so that you won't have a hard feeling to meet each others in future. It is hard to say that both of you will not meet in future because life is a cycle and it flows in a circle. What you pay, you will get it back for sure.


I feel that there is a connection between simplifying our lives and living a happy life. If you ask me for my opinion when there is an issue regarding our daily lives, you will find that I have to take some time to answer it. This is because I don't really use my brain much. I seldom think about how hard our lives can be. I try to arrange everything in a simpler mode and try not to demand too much from others. Although sometimes people will feel that I will loose out in the end, I will still go with it. Who knows the result might change? Just imagine if everything is an issue to you, will you lead a happy and cheerful life? Will you have a truthful relationship with others? Will you be able to sleep with contentment? How about simplifying your life and cherish your relationship with the people around you.


年年岁岁花相似,岁岁年年人不同
十年修得同船渡,百年修得共枕眠
(I found that it's rather hard for me to express my feeling in English)


0 sorry, can't comment:

Post a Comment

"Diam sikit boleh tak?" Write out your words!