Learning log

Date: 9 January 2009
Topic of lesson: Learning log

Without knowing, I am already 9 days away from home in my college. School has started and it gets even more hectic than before. Leisure time was like a stranger to me as my daily planning was filled with school work and sometimes there will be some from the Student Council. Therefore, effective learning plays a more important role in my life than ever. I usually study at my own desk in the hostel but when the exam is near, I would go the the living hall at the third floor in the hostel and have a group study. I prefer a place where the air-ventilation is good together with an excellent lighting but not air-conditioned. The living hall is well-ventilated with numerous windows but the lighting is rather pathetic which will cause those who study there to have short-sightedness.

Actually there is no particular time for me to study as long as there is a will and the lecturer has good interactive skills. But I do prefer to have class in morning and I do not mind even the class is six in the morning. In contrast, having classes in the afternoon, especially between 1.00 pm to 4 p.m. would give me the feeling like having class in Hell! Even when the air-conditioner is switched to the maximum, I can still feel the heat outside the room as if it is burning my eyes. I do not have a particular time which I can study most effetively, but I am sure that i will never choose afternoon. The worst had come true this year. It is really mentally and physically challenging when my lecturer is giving tutorial infront of the classroom and I have to gather all my strength to lift up my eyelids. I think after the first semester, I would be able to lift a 250ml bottle just using my eyelids.

It is also important to have a break between my study. I cannot continue to study for longer than 45 minutes unless there is a two-way interaction, whether it is between me and the lecturers or my friends. When I am having my own revision, I have to walk around after studying for 45 minutes or else I will fall asleep. I am not the bookworm type of students. I have no special favour in books.

The BIGGEST distraction that I fear the most is my bed. For your information, it is just beside my study table. Everytime, it will try its best to seduce me together with its companian - bolster. Whenever my nerve is weaker, I will fall for it. "4......3......2......1......." and you will hear the sound of inhaling and exhaling deeply. That is why when the exam is nearby, I have to go to the living hall to study.

Most of the time, I would only emphasize on one type of assignment unless the assignment is too short or too easy (I know this will never happen). Instead of finishing them all in one shot, I would rather plan them out properly. However, I do not think that I can apply this kind of method anymore in doing my assingments as they will be coming in bunch. When the time is running out, I am not sure how much I can achieve in one evening because I have never tried it. Perhaps I will, in future.

Last but not least, my own principle for rewards is "nothing works better than getting a feedback from lecturers, especially the positive one". Perhaps that is the type of reward that can motivate my self the most. Maybe others would demand for something expensive but to me, it would be better if there is some positive feedback from my lecturers when I hand in anything. Even when I did something wrong, I hope they can point it out in a more subtle way. In short, it will be the best if the reward is a small gift accompanied with some feedback from the lecturers' themselves.

Figurative language: Her ears are just like those found on a fox, standing firmly in the air, catching all the wind around her.


0 sorry, can't comment:

Post a Comment

"Diam sikit boleh tak?" Write out your words!